Iron and Brain Development
As a parent it is such a wonderful feeling to watch your baby learn new things!
During your baby's first year they show spectacular development. Their weight triples and height doubles! But did you know that more significant growth is happening behind the scenes, in your baby's head? Their brain will create 2 million connections per second in the first 24 months of life.
It is our job to find ways that support this growth optimally through good nutrition; mainly by providing him with enough iron.
Essential to your baby’s motor, brain and cognitive development
Important for blood formation and prevention of anemia
It is also worth mentioning that in the first year of life, your baby needs 5 times more iron than an adult. Therefore each bowl of CERELAC® infant cereals with Iron+ bundle
- Has a positive effect of your baby’s immune system
- Helps in the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Provides atleast 50% of your baby’s iron needs
- Contains vitamin C for enhanced iron absorption, and a positive effect on both your child’s immunity and brain and cognitive development
Are all iron food sources absorbed the same?
Iron is obtained from 2 food sources:
- Animals have a higher average absorption of iron in the body
- Plants have a lower average iron absorption hence the need to pair them with vitamin C rich foods
If one portion of CERELAC® provides 50% of daily iron, where can your baby get the other 50%?
- Meat and poultry
- Dark green leafy vegetables; like spinach
- Iron fortified cereals, breads and pasta
No Related Articles to list