At 6 months, breast milk or infant formula is still the most important way to give your baby the nutrients he or she needs. However, at 6 months, your baby will start showing you that they are ready for their first foods, by putting things in their mouths or showing an interest in the food around them. Gradually introducing appropriate foods will encourage enjoyment of a variety of foods, forming the basis of a balanced diet and helping to ensure future health.
CERELAC Rice is a nutritious, rice-based infant cereal with milk powder containing the iron plus bundle (iron, Vitamin C, iodine, omega 3 and Vitamin B1) which help support brain and cognitive development, along with Bifidus BL probiotics to strengthen your child’s immune system and help with his growth and development.
Note to Mums: CERELAC Rice sold in KSA, Bahrain & Iraq is gluten-free
- For infants 6 months and above
- Is suitable as a complementary feeding to breastmilk
- Not suitable as a breastmilk substitute
At 6 months, your baby can:
- Take food from a spoon
- Move food from the front of the mouth to the back for swallowing
- Manage thicker purees
- Can eat smooth pureed foods
Your healthcare professional will often recommend infant cereals as the first solids to introduce into your baby’s diet, because they are a good way of introducing your baby to new flavors and consistencies. It is advisable to start with gluten-free cereals such as rice, and once tolerated, you can switch to wheat.
Discover the benefits of CERELAC
Bifidus BL is a probiotic similar to those found in the digestive system of breastfed babies. Bifidus BL has been clinically proven to help keep your baby's intestinal flora healthy and strengthen his natural defenses.Know More
Fortified with Iron + complex, rich in iron, zinc, DHA, Omega 3, Calcium, Vitamin A, C, D and minerals. Also, by adding beneficial microorganisms, Bifidus BL helps strengthen children's resistance.Know More
Based on the patented Nestlé CHE (Cereals Hydrolyzed Enzymatically) process, which breaks down the carbohydrates for easy digestion.Know More
- Nutritional Values
- Preparation Tips
White Rice Flour, Dried Skimmed Milk, Sucrose, Palm Olein, Low Erucic Acid Rapeseed Oil, Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Flavor, Bifidus Culture, Minerals & Vitamins. May contain traces of Gluten
|Nutritional Value||Per Meal||Per 100 g|
|Linoleic Acid (mg)||900||1800|
|Linolenic Acid (mg)||106.5||213|
|Minerals (Ash) (g)||1.25||2.5|
|Vitamin A (µgRE)||180||360|
|Vitamin D (µgD)||2.5||5|
|Vitamin E (mgTE)||1.25||2.5|
|Vitamin K1 (µg)||16.5||33|
|Vitamin C (mg)||33||66|
|Vitamin B1 (mg)||0.4||0.8|
|Vitamin B6 (mg)||0.15||0.3|
|Folic Acid (µg)||16.5||33|
|Pantothenic Acid (mg)||1.15||2.3|
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before preparing a feed and ensure all utensils are clean.
- Boil fresh water. Allow to cool.
- At the start of weaning use small quantities of Nestlé CERELAC. The amount fed can vary according to your baby’s appetite. Increase portions as needed to a full serving of 50g of Nestlé CERELAC powder mixed with 150ml of pre-boiled lukewarm drinking water.
- From 6-8 months use up to 1 serving of CERELAC per day.
- Always test the temperature before serving it to baby/toddler.
- Use immediately.
- Throw away any unfinished portion.
- Close tin tightly and store it in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 4 weeks of opening.
CERELAC WHEAT & FRUITS
CERELAC Wheat & Dates
CERELAC Wheat & Honey
CERELAC Wheat & Fruit Pieces
CERELAC Wheat & Dates Pieces
CERELAC WHEAT & OATS WITH RED FRUITS
CERELAC Wheat & Oats With Tropical Fruits